- Wednesday, 03 October 2012 10:10
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 10:10
Yes, as you would think, it does. We have seen evidence of this in some of our client work, and, it was reinforced this week @SMXEast.
Here is an article
And here are some excerpts:
“The research was based on ‘an online survey of 1,500 US smartphone and tablet users and actual observed consumer behaviors from Nielsen’s Smartphone Analytics Panel of 6,000 Apple and Android users.'”
As indicated, the top activities among restaurant searchers varied by device. Among smartphone owners the hierarchy of activities was the following:
Tablet owners were much more in “research mode” and were more likely to do the following:
- Call a restaurant
- Look up directions
- Look up locations near me
Read the rest of the article, along with some interesting links to more detail at SearchEngineLand.
- Look at ratings and reviews
- Find online coupons and promotions
- Research menu / specific food items