- Wednesday, 16 September 2009 08:38
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 September 2009 08:38
Are you having problems building a legitimate
email list? That is one of the biggest challenges for email marketers. With the CAN-SPAM laws and email providers restrictions it is essential that marketers have “clean” email lists. How can you do it?
Well, Vertical Response
, our email partner, has a nice post
on some good ways that a marketer can solicit email addresses and be in compliance with CAN-SPAM. It’s well worth the read, and, for implementation, we are happy to consult, design, and implement both simple and multi-touch email marketing campaigns, just contact us
Here are their top 10:
- Put an offer on the back of your business cards to get people to sign up for your newsletter.
- Tradeshows – Bring a clipboard or sign-up book with you to tradeshows and ask for permission to send email to those who sign up.
- Include a newsletter sign-up link in your signature of all of your emails.
- Send an opt-in email to your address book asking them to join your list.
- Join your local chamber of commerce, email the member list (if it’s opt-in) about your services with a link to sign up to your newsletter.
- Host your own event – Art galleries, software companies (one here has a party every quarter and invites the neighboring businesses), retail shops, consultants (lunch & learn) can all host an event and request attendees to sign up.
- Offer a birthday club where you give something special to people who sign up.
- Incentivize your employees – Give them $ for collecting VALID email addresses.
- Giving something for free like a PDF? Make visitors sign up to your opt-in form before you let them download it.
- Referrals – Ask you customers to refer you, and in exchange you’ll give them a discount.