Socks & Shoes Tell The Tale?
- Sunday, 08 June 2008 22:26
Just a couple of funny posts over on AdverGirl about how socks and shoes give GREAT insights into agency life and how to figure out who’s who.
Socks for the guys…
Clothes for the ladies…
WPP + Yahoo! – Good For Marketers??
- Friday, 16 May 2008 07:59
AdWeek (yes, I know, they’re always mentioned, but they are on top of things usually) has a story out, today, that discusses the deal between WPP and Yahoo!. For those of you that don’t know, WPP is a holding company that owns 254 agency brands worldwide. The following are some better known names:
- 24/7 Real Media – A Digital Media Company
- Blast Radius – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Brierley+Partners – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Burson-Marsteller – PR & Public Affairs
- CommonHealth – Healthcare Communications
- digital@JWT – J. Walter Thompson’s Digital Advertising & Marketing Group
- G2 – Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Grey – Advertising
- Hill & Knowlton – PR & Public Affairs
- JWT – J. Walter Thompson – Advertising
- Kang & Lee Advertising – Demographic Marketing
- KnowledgeBase Marketing – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Landor Associates – Brand Identity
- Marsteller – Advertising, Corporate & B2B
- Mediaedge:cia – Media Management
- MindShare – Media Management
- Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide – Advertising
- OgilvyOne Worldwide – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Studiocom – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Sudler & Hennessey – Healthcare Communications
- Team Detroit – A "blended" shop consisting of teams from Y&R, JWT, & O&M to service Ford‘s brands
- VML – Digital, Direct, Promotion & Relationship Marketing
- Wunderman – Direct, digital, promotion & relationship marketing
- Y&R – Advertising
- Young & Rubicam Brands – Advertising; Branding & identity ;
Direct, Digital, Promotion & Relationship Marketing; Healthcare Communications; PR & Public Affairs
Sorry about the long list, but I sort of took a walk down memory lane… I’ve worked for the WPP companies in the past and know people at most, if not all, of the agencies above. Read my commentary after the break about why I think this is HORRIBLE for marketers…
Read more ...
The WWW Historical Perspective
- Friday, 02 May 2008 16:39
The BBC has an interesting story out today on the history of the WWW. The article features commentary from the following, "Top 10."
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee – Here is his blog, and his predictions for the future of the WWW.
- Professor Nigel Shadbolt
- Professor Wendy Hall – Her homepage.
- Kai-Fu Lee
- Dr. David Belanger
- Mitchell Baker – Her blog.
- Mark Bernstein
- Robert Cailliau – His website.
- Robert Scoble – His blog.
- Tim O’Reilly – His homepage.
The point of the story, though, is that what was misunderstood fifteen years ago is still misunderstood by a great many people. Click through to find out what and why…
Read more ...
Happy 15th Birthday, WWW
- Friday, 02 May 2008 09:40
Well, its been 15 years since the development of HTTP… Check back later today for a historical, “look back.”